HSE Management System and Certifications
Orient Petroleum’s HSE Management Systems are certified for compliance to the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007. The organization’s HSE Management System Framework deems requirements of ISO/ OHSAS standards as minimum obligations with performance requirements going beyond the fundamentals.
The health, safety and wellbeing of our employees are at the heart of everything we do, how we think and who we are. It’s a key essence in our corporate culture. We envisage “incident and injury free workplace” and “no damage to the environment.” Being thoughtful and effectively managing the risks, we are committed to providing protection for our communities and resources. To enable a positive, responsible behavior towards health, safety and environment, we partner with our teams and stakeholders. Orient Petroleum adheres to the highest level of governance and strives to create a culture that values life, environment, communities and reputation. We strive to create an understanding of HSE’s connection with the organization’s sustainability that promotes inclusion as an inherent component of how we operate.Orient Petroleum’s commitment for HSE is driven under the following principles:
- Encourage strong leadership in championing the importance of, and a common-sense approach to, health and safety in the workplace
- Comply with applicable HSE regulations and industry HSE Standards
- Comply with ethical responsibilities under Orient Petroleum’s Charter Values
- Provide clear policies, information in the form of procedures and work instructions, and adequate training, to ensure employees and contractors are competent to carry out their jobs
- Delegate HSE ownership at all levels of the organization
- Adapt a proactive approach to prevent accidents and cases of work-related illness
- Engage and consult with employees on HSE matters on day-to-day basis. Reinforce the promotion of worker involvement and consultation in health and safety matters
- Maintain a Reward and Recognition for employee and contractors to encourage HSE and productivity contributions
- Thorough maintenance of plants, equipment and machinery
- Ensure safe storage and use of substances
- Manage contracts’ HSE aspects with case-specific evaluations for high-risk category
- Report & investigate incidents that require corrective measures
- Manage waste under the “hierarchy of waste management”
- Conserve environmental resources
- Record and communicate HSE performance throughout the organization
Our ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified HSEC Management System Framework sets the foundation to meet the aforementioned expectations and drive continual improvement through the application of consistent requirements across the Group.
The Group’s HSEC policy defines our commitment to “Zero Harm” and we firmly believe that all injuries and incidents are avoidable provided activities are properly planned and executed in a controlled manner.